We are hiring!
Personal Lines Underwriter
West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance Company, has an immediate opportunity for a Personal Lines Underwriter to join our Underwriting Team in a full time position in Dungannon, Ontario.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience as well as a positive team environment with a strong focus on community involvement and a healthy work life balance.
As a Personal Lines Underwriter, you will underwrite and process renewals, endorsements and new business within established authority limits and according to company guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Sound judgment in decision making, problem solving and prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied complex assignments
- Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to changes in technology, processes and workflow
- Must work well as part of a team and contribute to a positive work environment
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
- 3 years minimum residential and automobile underwriting experience
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field
- Completion or commitment to achieve Chartered Insurance Professional designation
- Experience working with IBS 5.0 would be considered an asset
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience in confidence by email to email@example.com on or before March 27th, 2020.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. West Wawanosh Mutual is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by taking into account your individual accessibility needs.